I clearly realize dying and hiding eggs has NOTHING to do with the true meaning of Easter, but that doesn't mean it's not a fun tradition. This year was super fun with the kids being older and being able to enjoy all the hype of the "Easter bunny" hiding eggs and maybe a surprise.

They enjoyed it all sooooooo much and can't wait for "3 more sleeps" until the Easter Bunny comes.
We spent one afternoon dying eggs and another one painting and hanging eggs.

My mom always had us kids make an Easter Egg Tree and I've always been excited to pass on this tradition. We'd poke small holes at both ends of the egg, blow out the inside's, then paint and hang on a tree branch. The kids have been so excited for all the egg coloring. (note to self and all young mom's: don't say to your kids, "we'll do it in the morning" because then it's literally "in the morning" as in coloring eggs as soon as their little bitty eye's awake at 6 or 7 .am. That's sure rough on me :-)





















5 comments:
This looks like SO much fun! I can't wait to do this with my kids! You are such a great mom!
Thanks for the cute pictures! Gramma didn't get anything sent for Easter-it snuck up on me! (Is that a word?) I laughed at Livi still in her nightgown-you did say early in the morning. And I can't believe Jace could blow out those eggs! It makes me light headed too. Loved the pictures and love all of you!
I love your Easter tree, such a cute idea! Looks like the Jace and Livi had a really fun time coloring their eggs!
What a cool idea. I love Livi's hair, did you cut it recently or am I really out of the loop?!
Fun fun. I love the idea of an egg tree--I've seen them, but never done one. Maybe next year! :)
Post a Comment