September 24, 2008

Wipeout Casting


For those few of you who havn't seen this new reality gameshow WIPEOUT you are really missing out on some good laughs. Tuesday nights on ABC-Frank and I never miss it! Every time I watch it I'm like, "I could totally do that!". But instead I jumped online to cast my brother, Joel. They asked for his info then wanted a 50 word essay telling why he should be on the show. Fifty words is NOT very many so I opted for a short poem. It'll be a fat chance he gets on because one of the qualifications to apply was to be living in California, but I'm still crossing my fingers. Here it is:

Me, dad, gramps- born on the farm.
Just enough money to keep us warm.

Pack up and move to California you say?
Nope, Idaho's got too much hauling of hay.

But if I hear Wipeout calling for a deal,
I'll come runnin' while clickin' my heal.

So, please, since farmin' aint too good at money makin'
Help me shout, "Wipeout's money is mine for the takin'!"


Good luck Joel!!! And p.s. you have to split the money 50/50 if you win....okay?......okay?....I aint jokin' farmer!

10 comments:

mom said...

Way to go Kam! I think that's a great idea-he better start running, though, and lay off the Mtn Dew! That would be so fun-we'd have to all go to watch and cheer! Love you guys and miss you soooo much. (still waiting for those parent pictures....)

KEYSHA said...

Love it! What a great poem. I have never seen (or heard of) that show...I don't watch TV anymore. I am boring. Maybe I will have to check-out that show though!!! You're a great sister.

Julianne said...

That show makes me cringe too often to watch it! Ooowww!

Bree said...

That's funny--great poem! Let us know how it turns out!

Miriam said...

hahah!!! Thats soo funny! We love that show too...I hope he makes it!!

Kate Perkes said...

Kami
That poem is HILARIOUS!! HAHA Jake and I LOVE Wipeout, as you know. We are Wipeout junkies, Joel is a perfect candidate. However it would be so much fun if you were the one doing it! Show up all those boys and be the first female winner. Good luck to Joel!

leslie m. said...

I had know idea you are such a poet. I would love it if he was cast. Jeff and I record it to watch too. Another funny show you should check out is Hole in the Wall on Thursday nights. It is another that provides great laughs.

Ryan and Julianne said...

Kami! That orchard place is in Council Bluffs...I don't know exactly where but I can have Ryan tell Frank how to get there. Their prices weren't exactly amazing ($1.50/pound for everything but Honey Crisp, $3/pound for Honey Crisp), but it is a fun experience. There is also a large playground at the bottom of the hill for kids, and there is a corn maze. I think it would be a totally fun activity to do.

Ashlee Scherer said...

This is awesome!! Just wanted to let you know I still love you even though I never post. I can't wait to see you in December.

taytay said...

dearkami,i love your blog sooo much.Me and Cyrie are going to put some pics on my blog and stories.I can't wait till i see you and the family.i will be so excited.love,tehya