How did I let a week go by without posting?!?!? And I call myself a blogger...humph!! :-)
So I've been wanting to do this for quite some time, but I have honestly felt hesitant in fear that nobody will have anything good so say, but I'm gonna take I chance I guess. I'm looking for any memory, whether it's young or old, that you have of me or Frank (or both). I've seen this on a lot of blog sites and I thought it'd be so fun to have all of these memories to put in my journal. So get typing!! Yes, even YOU who secretly looks at my blog regularly, but never leaves a comment (hahaha). And to make it even more fun...I'll put every "commentor" into a drawing for one of my Minkee's (girl or boy-you choose). I'll leave it open until Sept. 15th. Go for it!! And then turn around and put this post on your blog as well.
p.s. if you don't have a Blog account I THINK you can still add a comment but it'd just be under anonymous (then you would just type in your name into the comment box so i know who you are)....but I could be wrong.
September 11, 2008
Memory Lane...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















21 comments:
Fun blog idea! My first memory of Kami was when I was dating her brother, Jared. We went to her and Leslie's volleyball game. We happend to pull up behind their school bus and I saw Kami in the back seat. When she spotted us, she got a huge smile on her face and she mouthed the words, "There is my brother!" Then I saw her turn to look at me and the smile disapeard. I thought "Uh oh." I was so nervous about meeting Kami because I so badly wanted us to be instant friends. It is funny to me today because my fears were so unneccessary and Kami is one of the nicest and most accepting people you can meet. I am so glad she is in my life and is my sister. Love you Kam.
I remember the first time I went over to meet you with the RS presidency. You were SO cute and looked like you had everything so pefectly put together. It was fun that just a few years later we got to live near you again! **Micah would probably have a memory of playing basketball with Frank. You're awesome!!
Well, I think that I would qualify as having the MOST memories of the two of you-at least of Kami. Turning down the mission call to marry Frank, Frank working into the wee hours of the night on my bathroom, to name a few. But the funniest memory has got to be when Frank agreed to let Kami WAX HIS BEARD! I don't think they were quite married yet, and so Frank would never tell her no. He was hurting so bad for days-his cheeks and neck bright, bright red and just burning. What you do for love!!
So many memories in just those 4 short months we spent together... I loved when we went to visit Carey over Easter, and all those nights country dancing, oh, and just hanging out with you and Rhisa. We had a lot of fun together. And somehow I always figured you and Frank would be together...
OK, so I have to admit my 1st memory of you was seeing you at church and being intimidated by how beautiful you are!! Another memory would be all the hugs from Jace and when you called me to ask me if I wanted a dog!!
Hey Kami! Well I have memories of us being visiting teachers together and always being impressed by your closeness to the spirit but your down to earth personality!! I remember one time in particular when we went to a ladies house (that we were supposed to visit teach) and she was like I already have visiting teachers and it turned out she was in another ward. I also remember you and Frank coming over one evening and were talking to Ben and I about Jace and my brother Jayden who also has autism and the spirit that I felt. You two are very special people and have the cutest family in the world! I appreciated your example and the smile you always seemed to have!!
Yeah right---nothing good to say?? You and Frank are awesome and we are so glad to be your friends!! I must admit that from the first time we met (remember when Grovers had us over for those yummy cinnamon rolls??) I was intimidated by you! You were/are so pretty, talented, put together, etc...Well, okay, I'm still intimidated by you, but just in a way that makes me want to be better!! I admire you so much as a supportive wife and loving mother. I've always been grateful for your example and testimony. Okay...so those aren't really memories, but that's what comes to mind!! :)
Oh kami :) there is nothing bad anyone could say about you! I remember the first time I met you and it sounds like I'm not the only one who felt this way but yes VERY itimidated! And oh so jealous! You are such a great mom and you are so patient too! You are a beautiful sweetheart and I am so lucky to have you as a friend! As far as the memory goes the most recent one would have to be Mama Mia! Haha! :) "Dancing queen, seventeen!" Your the bestest!
Well,
This isn't really memories, except to say hey, how are you? We see you moved to Omaha. If Tom and I would have known that, we would have stopped to see you. We stayed in a hotel in Omaha in August. We are living in St. Paul area MN, so we are practically neighbors. We drove back through to Carey for a homecoming in August. We stayed just a few miles from the lds visitors center. Its fun to see your blog. Your family is adorable!
Erika Kunzler (Shaffer)
I'll have to say that little things come to my mind since we went to school together but the best was when you did my hair (i still wished you were around to do that) and you were getting ready to go on a mission and how excited you were you glowed and then learning later you were getting married and how excited you were i was so happy for you. you have a beautiful family.
First memory of Kami is when I met you. Chad was so excited to introduce me to his little sisters (you and Leslie; who were my own age!) who lived in Pocatello at the time. I can still remember your apartment there....and your amazing piano (and how well you played!)
What I love about you to this day is how easily you laugh. You are easy to entertain and be around because you are carefree and laughable...oh, and did I mention an absolute doll! You really are one of the most beautiful people I know. (both inside and out)
One of my very first (don't even know if you remember this) memories was when Jake and Kate invited us over for a group date. Kami was pregnant with Jace and Kate had just had Gracie. We had homemade pizza- and Kami and Frank were so nice and sweet to us. AFter seeing how you and Frank acted towards each other it made me so excited for marriage. (I told you it was awhile ago!!)
I remember when I was assigned as your visiting teacher after the kids turned 2 yrs old and felt like a dork because I did not have a lot of interaction with adults from the time the kids were born because we could not come to Church during the winter months and Rod was gone ALL the time. You were so sweet about me coming and fumbling through the message.
My favorite memory of you is when I had just arrived home from my mission and you were getting ready for yours. You had me come shopping for mission clothes with you and all you did was talk about Frank. I remember telling you that I didn't think you'd end up on a mission, that you'd marry Frank instead. You were trying so hard to convince yourself otherwise, but next thing I know I received your invitation in the mail. Frank is a great guy, I'm sure you are so happy with your choice!
I have lots of fun memories of us being kids together! I loved the summers when you'd stay with Aunt Marilyn, and when I'd get to come spend a few days there with you. I remember climbing up on their garage roof to suntan, and getting all dolled up in Kristy's makeup to walk downtown for a treat! (Aunt Marilyn stopped us before we could get out of the house, and made us wash some of the gobs of makeup off). I remember vividly one time Aunt Marilyn had bought a whole box of peaches and we ate them until we were sick and had to take turns running to the bathroom! Haha. It makes me feel old and wish we were little again sometimes!
Wow Kami, I haven't been on your blog lately but what a neat tribute these comments are. You can't get better than that. I asked Jeff for his favorite memory of you and Frank but I don't think his is appropriate to post on the blog. I will have to tell you on the phone sometime. I have more memories of Kami than I could ever write down but since alot of people wrote about you I will mention some of my memories of Frank. Frank is easily the nicest guy I know. He genuinely cares about people and is a great listener. I remember going to restaurants, more than once, and having him call the waiters by name and ask them questions. I also remember driving with him to Moab and having him stop on the side of the road to help a man change a tire. He has also helped Jeff with several house projects for me. He is a great example of the good samaritan and I am grateful to have him in our family. We love you both!!
So, as Frank's sister I could write a novel about my "first memories" of Frank. Most of the comments would pose Frank as the villian little brother who thought my kitten was a pony (not a good outcome for the kitten) or my watch that was his first mechanical project (that extra piece really threw it off - not a good outcome for the watch) or tell the story of why Frank has his signature thumb first hand (that wasn't pleasant to see - and not a good outcome for Frank's thumb). Honestly though, I think the memory that always stands out to me is a picture of Kami, Frank, Jeff and myself at their wedding reception where Jeff is all handsome holding beautiful Kami up in her wedding dress, and I am struggling to hold goofy Frank up in his tux next to them. Everytime I look at that photo I can't help but laugh and think "Man I am glad Frank and I found such wonderful spouses to class up the family." What would we do without them?
So, as Frank's sister I could write a novel about my "first memories" of Frank. Most of the comments would pose Frank as the villian little brother who thought my kitten was a pony (not a good outcome for the kitten) or my watch that was his first mechanical project (that extra piece really threw it off - not a good outcome for the watch) or tell the story of why Frank has his signature thumb first hand (that wasn't pleasant to see - and not a good outcome for Frank's thumb). Honestly though, I think the memory that always stands out to me is a picture of Kami, Frank, Jeff and myself at their wedding reception where Jeff is all handsome holding beautiful Kami up in her wedding dress, and I am struggling to hold goofy Frank up in his tux next to them. Everytime I look at that photo I can't help but laugh and think "Man I am glad Frank and I found such wonderful spouses to class up the family." What would we do without them?
Yes, I admit to being "one of the people" who persistently look at your blog each week! My memory is not the first of you Kami, but definitely a funny one! Remember the infamous bottles of Nads and a few very sore armpits? A actually came across those pictures the otherday and could hardly contain myself. I also reminisce the little venture we had to Canada and your Aunt Marilyn's ham sandwiches!
Kelly Wray (Cook)
dear kami, i love your new pics!i like when livvy goes to the food store and fills it right up!!!you were right about it being sooo cute.i miss you guys alot!!!we just got two new puppies!!!they are Great Pyrenees. they are sooo cute !!!we got them a few months ago.mine is jazzy and shyra.I am going to put some pics of them on my blog.I can't wait until i see you at the chritmas party at gramas.So we can really talk to each other.See you then.-tehya
Post a Comment