August 17, 2008

Project Kitchen

BEFORE
DURING
AFTER

So this is what Frank was busy with during his 4 week summer break. I think when I posted our kitchen after first moving in I mentioned that the red HAD to go. Well, so did the carpet under the dining table. So we tore it up and Frank did a great job laying tile there and in the kitchen. I went to work painting the bead board and then the walls a little darker color. Take note of that beautiful chandelier. Frank found it on the sale table at Lowes for $10 bucks!!! It was originally $250. Nice, eh?!?!?! I just love it! I swear.....everyone needs a little miniature Frankie to carry around with them in their back pockets to pull out every time they need to fix something or get a good deal. I just love that man to death.

11 comments:

mom said...

That looks so nice! I agree with you that we all need a Frankie--I don't get anything done unless he's around! I mentioned something to Robb the other day, and he about came unglued, so no more mentioning it for awhile. Glad you got that all done-it will be nice for you. Love you all so much and miss you too!

Candi said...

Looks great! It's nice to have projects that you can really take pride in! Tell "pocket Frankie" good job!

Keysha said...

I love it! The chandelier is beautiful and looks so good in that room. You both did an excellent job and you're right a "pocket Frankie" is a nice thing to have around. (

I have a "Pocket Chad" which is quite wonderful as well! He put in a fabulous deep sink in my kitchen for my b-day! Wahoo! I hated doing dishes...now I look for all the big pans I can find to dip in my deep sink!)

GatesGang said...

awww it looks great. i love the chandelier also so great

Taylor Family said...

Looks great! I love your style. You are so talented!

Anonymous said...

Cute kitchen!
So I am going to start blogging... I don't quite know what I am doing yet, but if you want to keep up with what Jax is doing here is our blog:
http://www.iluvjaxman.blogspot.com/

Keep in touch!

leslie m. said...

The kitchen turned out so nice. Are you selling those pocket Frank's because sign me up if you are. Jeff's honey-do list is too long for him. Let me know how Livi does in dance. I would absolutely love to have them do it together. Then we could take turns car pooling too. Oh well, maybe some day. Love you.

Bree said...

I LOVE it!! It looks SO good!!! Way to go Frank for the muscle and Kami for the good taste! :)

Samye said...

I love how it turned out! Frank is so handy!

Anonymous said...

Hey... I sorta take offence to the "Red has got to go" comment! I have a red wall in my kitchen! I do love the finished product you got though! You need to come do mine next I guess since red is out!

Morgan said...

It looks fantastic!