April 18, 2008

Poppy Update



Some of you were intersted in an update with how things are going with Jace and the dog. Well here it is.................we no longer have a dog. Yes, it's sad but this picture that I've added completely describes how I felt through-out the day. Having that thing was harder than a new baby, I swear. I had to have my eyes on him every second and with three other little kids running around it was impossible. And the whole reason we got the dog was in hopes of seeing improvements with Jace's behavior, but it seemed to be doing just the opposite. I was yelling at Jace every ten second to "Stop straingling him!" or "Don't lay on Poppy!" or "Stop kicking Poppy". He just couldn't understand how gentle he needed to be and it wasn't something I could explain and he understand. The dog was completely scared of him. Anyway, my nerves had taken it so we gave him away. I guess we can chalk that one up for a huge live-and-learn experience.

7 comments:

Keysha said...

Oh, that is so sad! Poor little Poppy! But I completely understand. (Do you remember the time we had a dog for 24 hours...I bawled my eyes out when we took it back). I seriously think I cried harder about getting rid of the dog than I had ever cried up to that point in my life...I just felt so bad! But, it was for the best....Which is obviously how it is in your case!

I can't imagine having a dog (and 3 kids!) You're doing the right thing...espeically if it's not helping! Have a good day, and just be glad you're not going to have to be cleaning up any little doggy messes!

Keysha said...

By the way...I am disappointed that we didn't get to have Frank and Livy over! (Carsen was sad when he woke up this morning to find out Livy wasn't here!)

Candi said...

It's okay Kami, puppies typically join a family when your finished having kids and you get baby hungry. Don't feel bad about getting rid of the dog, it just isn't the right time. Enjoy that baby! You have so many cute and cuddly things to enjoy. I think you're smart!

Jen said...

My sister went through that same thing. THey tried a dog, but it didn't work. I am not a huge pet person. GOod for you for knowing your limitations!

Cronin Family said...

Oh that is so sad!! I feel the same way about dogs so I can totally understand.

Ryan and Julianne said...

Wow - you were brave to even get a dog with 3 little ones; congrats on that! I've been telling Ryan I want a dog for a long time...and then we had our baby, and I said, "Uhh -- never mind!" Maybe you guys will get another dog someday...or not. =)

Emily said...

Kami, when do you go to Omaha? I love that place. That is where we lived before Rexburg. If you need any help with anything out there (directions, phone numbers, ect) just let me know. Who knows, maybe we'll come visit. :-)