I've really been enjoying this cook book that my mom got me for christmas. It teaches you how to "hide" vegetables in meals for your kids so they get their daily recomend of veggies without them even knowing it. Just today I made mac and cheese with squash. Yes, squash. They both at the whole thing without even flinching. And I do scrambled eggs with pureed cauliflower a lot and they really can't tell the difference. I've also done muffins with cauliflower and carrotts which I even enjoy eating. The veggies need to be pureed so you'll need to have a really really good blender like a Magic Bullet or a Vita Mix (which Frank got me one for christmas and I wonder now how I lived without). It takes some extra time pureeing everything, but It sure makes you feel good, as a Mom, knowing that you're getting healthy food down them.
February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















6 comments:
That looks like a great cookbook. Thanks for sharing. I found your website through Jen's. I can't believe that we practically live across the street from each other and we never see each other. I love the name Maeli. How adorable!
Love that cookbook! The chili is awesome! (Even Chad liked it) He snubbed his nose at the spaghetti and meatballs. (I thought they were fine, but he said they had a weird texture. Oh well!) The magic bullet is a miracle worker I tell ya! (I wonder if Robb and Kathi ever use the one we gave them for Christmas?)
I've heard about that cookbook! I went to a party and a girl brought some finger foods that had broccoli in them and you would never know it! That is awesome. I will need to check it out. Thanks.
Sneaky!! I'll have to keep this book in mind when Avri gets a little older and no longer likes her veggies!!
I love this cookbook and the kids love everything I have made so far.
Hi Kami! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you - we've had a scary couple of weeks! (Check my blog for more info...) I'm so glad you found me - and I can't believe you've got 3 kids now! They are all so darling. It'll be fun to keep up with you guys through the blog!
Post a Comment