August 30, 2009

Coupon-ing Help


I want to become a coupon fanatic. Who can help?! I know there are websites out there designed for avid coupon-ers so I need your advice. Please help! Thanks.

9 comments:

Mr and Mrs said...

I am in NO ways an expert but my friend Candra is amazing! She came over one day and showed me her "coupon book" I highly reccommend you do this! She takes a photo album with the sheets of plastic in them, (Mine hold 4 4x6 photos per page) And then instead of photos you put the coupons. That way they are all seperated and you can actually see what they are as you are flippiong thru. Also we put the stick on tabs on the edges to divide them up into groups, e.g. baby, frozen, cleaning supplies etc. It has helped sooo much! If you go to their blog on my page under The Probert family she has a list of awsome sites to go to. The coupon blogs she lists are updated regulary with sweet deals and printable coupons. Good luck kami! :) (Sorry this was so stinkin long!)

Julianne said...

My friend was into couponing majorly until she and her husband got in a bad car accident. But she still has her blog up where she did several tutorials. She explains things in depth and clearly, so you might give her page a try.

www.thefrugalhouse.blogspot.com

PS - VERY cute "Dollar" ideas below.

Littler Blooms said...

So I can't coupon, it just is too much for me. However, I have my groceries delivered and it amazes me how much I save just buying what I REALLY need. The thing I don't like about coupons is it encourages me to buy stuff I probably DON'T need......

Also, I REALLY need a little girl kitty minkee:) My friend just had a girl.... Yeah Pink:)

Emily said...

I follow "pinching your pennies". www.pinchingyourpennies.com. I like this system because you don't have to clip all those coupons you don't use. It gives a star rating for how good the sale is. I usually just look for the 4 and 5 starts. If it is a 5 star... it is definetly a great deal! The website tells you what's on sale, which store, and which coupon to use. I LOVE it!

Merrilyn said...

Good luck! I am definely not a great coupon-er but I do save coupons for the things I buy anyway and then I wait until they go on sale. The best time to buy is a sale and coupon together (I shop on walmart because they match all the other ads so I only have to go one place. The only problem is that I HATE walmart but I guess you do what you have to! :)

Sarah Bradley said...

I love hip2save.blogspot.com! I recently got into couponing too and it is so addicting! You are probably wondering who this is! I met at your house for Kate Perkes little boys birthday (nate's) last summer. My husband was selling with Jake. Random I know!

Bree said...

Hey Kami, I'm not into it...maybe someday...but I have a good friend who is seriously obsessed and an expert. She uses thegrocerygame.com. She stockpiles coupons like crazy and gets 4 or 5 copies of the Sunday paper. I've also seen the Krazy Coupon Lady's site and there's coupons.com.
Good luck!

Ryan, Cyrie and Brielle said...

Hey Kami! Couponing . . .oh where to start ;) My three favorite websites krazycouponlady.blogspot.com
hip2save.blogspot.com
pinchingyourpennies.com

If you are really serious about getting into this I highly recommend getting a subsciption for 4-5 sunday papers each week. Then you will want a LARGE 3-ring binder (mine is a Five Star that zips and I really like it)and fill it with plastic baseball cards holders. k the more I think about this, I realize I need to just call you because this comment may end up being more of a book. I am not an expert on the subject of couponing but I am saving a lot of money and learning the real value of a dollar. I will warn you--it can become both an obsession and an addiction ;). However it is worth the time and energy that goes into it!!! I will call you tomorrow--I am so excited you are getting into this!!

Luisa said...

I haven't used it that much but I get emails from couponcabin.com...

I've heard a GAZILLION times over that using the coupon is not enough. You need to use a store coupon, a manufacturers coupon and then have the product be ON SALE at the same time...

I always wondered where it says: "Not valid with any other offer." Not true. You just can't use two store coupons for the same item, or two manufacturers coupon for the same item, etc.

I have a friend who does all this so well, she gets paid every time she shops. GOOD LUCK!!!