August 22, 2009

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

In my newest FamilyFun magazine they had a Creative Solutions article called A Fistful of Dad Dollars. I wish I could download the article to put on here, but it basically tells of a way that a mom and dad get there three kids up and ready for the day and chores done. The kids get paid "Jacerbug Dollars" or "Livi Dollars" when they get their chores done in a timely matter or if they're up by an early enough time. And then they have to "pay" for their prizes like having a friend over or getting to stay up a half hour longer or date night with mom/dad, etc. I thought this was such a cleaver idea. I went to the website festisite.com/money and printed out personalized dollar bills for the kids and it REALLY was free...no strings attached even! So fun!




p.s. I still have a couple weeks worth of Idaho pics, but there are just so many of them I just don't know of if I'll get to them or not. We'll see.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

i just got my family fun magazine in the mail today. I'll look for that article. cute money!

Samye said...

I just read that article today too! What a fun cute way to get kids motivated!

mom said...

I was thinking how cute the kids' pictures on the dollar bills are! Are those new? Did you take them with your new camera? Can you come back to Idaho and take Kole & Brittanie's engagement photos? JK Love you all, Mom

Furniss Family said...

What a darling idea for kids :) I like there pictures on them :)

Taylor Family said...

cute idea. My kids would always be paying for the staying up late one. I don't know how I'd feel about that :)

Luisa said...

What a GREAT IDEA!!! I've already written it down in my 'How To Be a Good Mom' book. That's TWO good pieces of advice from you in there!

Littler Blooms said...

So Kami,
In response to your comment of me putting my child on a million dollar bill and your kids on a dollar bill I have one word...... CALIFORNIA!!!!!! Even with a million dollars I can't buy a house;) The purchase power of your children is still great comparatively:) HA HA