June 9, 2009

Happenings


We promised Liv we'd get her a "big girl" bike this summer at a garage sale or something (p.s. Frank and I are getting a bit obsessed with garage sales. THEY ROCK! They're every here! They always start Thursday and go until saturdayevery weekend so guess where me and the kids are EVERY thursday morning?!?! I've got all of Liv's jeans for the next 2 year already and paying about a buck a pair. And they are all old navy and children's place and gap. So awesome.) Anyways, we instead found a bigger bike for Jace and just painted Jace's older one. Liv wanted a purple one so that's what she got!

Last weekend I took the kids to a Helmet Safety thingy and they fitted them for new and FREE helmets. They felt so important.

It was fun for Livi to be able to pick out her paint and stickers.


I seriously laugh out loud when I look at this picture. She must have gotten jeleous of me taking pictures of Jace and Liv on their bikes cuz she went into the garage and pulled this out and wanted me to take a picture of her.






Last saturday Liv got to go to a birthday party so Jace and I (while dad and maeli were home napping) had a fun time together at the Little Red Barn. He got to go on a pony ride and had so much fun petting the animals and playing in the straw. It was such a cute litte hick place. :-)



(why do bunnies eyes always do that in pictures?)


What?! You're too little to be catching on to things like this Maeli girl! She got up on the chair and started doing this all on her lonesome. Too cute.

The not-so-friendly stomach bug visited our place last week. Jace, Liv, Maeli, and I spent a couple needing-to-sleep-by-the-puke-bucket days. Yuck. All is well now!

12 comments:

Julianne said...

OK, where is the Little Red Barn? I don't know if Sam would even "get it", but that looks like fun.

Nice job on Livi's "new" purple bike! Very great! Did you stencil the flowers, or are they stickers? Either way, they look great.

And, oh, dear -- I LOVE LOVE Maeli's mouth full of teeth! Baa! Those pictures of her, esp. the one where all three kids were on the driveway and she's the only one looking at the camera with her huge smile, makes me laugh. You all have produced some very cute kiddies.

Candi said...

Stomach flu all in one week?!? Logan had it this week and Scotty had it last week. My kids like to stagger the flu. I don't know which is worse. Probably better to get it over all at once!

Littler Blooms said...

I love Craigslist like you love garage sales:) Palo Alto just had a city wide garage sale last week. I moved all the stuff from my neighbors house to mine. Her boys are Livi's and Maeli's ages.... Works out well for both of us. I got a wagon and a TON of big blocks for 10 dollars.

Sims Family said...

Your kids are too cute. I LOVE the picture of Maeli on her bike. You guys did an awesome job on painting the bike.

Bree said...

So great to see what you've been up to. I probably say this every time, but I cannot believe how grown up your kids are getting!!! They are so cute and I love Maeli's cheesers--what a doll!! Glad things are going well!

Nilsens said...

Hilarious! Your always helps me smile. I, too, am a garage sale addict but none of ours start on Thursday- that is awesome!

Taylor Family said...

What a cute bike! We just might have to do that for Kami as Clayton is ready for a bigger bike.

lacey said...

Livi's bike turned out so cute, good job! I need to be more creative like that! I also love that picture of Maeli on her bike, she is so cute!!

Lindsay said...

You always do such fun stuff with your kids Kami. They are so lucky to have such a great mom! That is awesome that your kids get that slide, it looks like they love it :)

Julie Barnes said...

Love all the pictures. Such cute kids! So cute, they all have bikes to play on now! :)

Romeril Family said...

Hey Kami,
I am actually a piano teacher, and I'm starting with Brielle this coming year. I recommend starting once they can read--it's just that much easier for them to pick it up if they already have the reading down. I know some teachers will start prior to that but then practising requires a lot more parent involvement--which is fine too. But check around, I am sure teachers in the area will let you know for sure.

MS Photog said...

That's funny, I just painted drake's bike, although I'm not that patient, I just painted it with the wheels on. By the way, my photoblog is not letting me leave a comment for some reason, so I have a Nikon d90 camera. I love it!!