Typically I'm really good at getting my christmas letters out, but this year the thought of it just exausted me and December kept getting closer and closer and my cards weren't getting made so I finally told my self to as least get them out to siblings, Aunts and Uncles. So I'm sorry if anyone is dissapointed they aren't getting one this year. I figured so many people look at my blog and see our family updates that there wouldn't be anything new to read about us anyways. So I'm posting my christmas letter and the picture I sent along with it so everyone can at least see that much.
DearAll,
We’re keeping it simple this year with our Christmas card and gift giving. In fact, recently Kami has given her life a new motto to follow...“simplify”. Doesn’t that single word send you a breath of fresh air?! A few days ago someone gave her a life lesson with this analogy….”People are happy when given an apple. You don’t need to give it more time, stress and energy by turning it into applesauce or going even further and making it into strawberry or cinnamon flavored applesauce. It’s perfectly fine giving just the apple”. Let's all remember that!
Jace, age 4, loves his afternoons full of logic and learning at his Early Childhood Special Education Program. We’ve seen so many improvements with his speech and comprehension skills that we are more than thrilled. He can recite his alphabet in song, counts, and knows all his shapes and colors. We contribute much of his success to his wonderful teacher and the consistency of being able to attend five days a week. His favorites are the trampoline, the outdoors and playing “bear” with Dad. Jace is simply a joy.
Alivia, age 3, loves her once a week ballet/tap class and her Thursday morning preschool. You’ll rarely see her without a crayon in her hand and is so particular about keeping within the lines. Her favorites are books, coloring, dressing up and anything girly. She is a great example to brother and sister. Alivia is simply wonderful.
Maeli, 11 months, has been the best baby ever. We’ve been so blessed to have her in our family. She’ll be turning the big 1 in January which proves that time is flying by at lightning speed. She knows a handful of words in sign language which she is so very proud to show off. Her little legs can hardly wait to keep up with her older siblings. Maeli is simply sweet.
Frank is pushing his way through sophomore year of Dental School. He’s really excited for his junior year where he’ll experience a lot more hands-on assignments. We recognize and appreciate his efforts in keeping school and family time in good balance. Kami gets to stay at home and is working on her masters in PhT (putting hubby through) while completing her bachelors degree in chaos management. Kami is so thankful for a good husband that supports her personal needs when giving her “a night out with the girls” every now and again. We’re really enjoying Omaha and have met some life-long friends. We are simply grateful.
During the last General Conference the Apostle, Elder L. Tom Perry, said “In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives.” This is our wish for all of you too. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Love- frank, kami and kids
December 12, 2008
Christmas Card
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















11 comments:
Good letter! I've also been doing some thinking about how I can simplify life. My most recent "simplify" moment came when, after we had already decorated the whole place with Christmas, top to bottom, I was so overwhelmed by it all that I took it all down. The next day, I put only what I really loved back up -- which amounted to our little Christmas tree and a garland on the mantle. I felt soo much better after de-cluttering the place.
I love your letter and sense of humor! Your family is beautiful, and way to go on the masters in PHT! :)
I may be doing the same--only friends and family. Time just keeps going too fast!
I loved your Christmas letter....I am a slacker and still haven't started mine.
I think a lot of people are 'simplifying' this year. My christmas-card wall has 3 so far. Maybe that's the first thing to go when cutting back? (Postage is pricey!) See you so soon! Love you.
dear kami, I love your pics so far.I love Jace,livvy and maeli.I bet they are sooo excited for grandma pattersons party.Every year jace and livvy love when they see presents from the elves.We'll see you this week.Tell the kids that i am so excited to see them.Love ya all!!!! Sincerley,tehya
dear kami, i would love to come stay with you guys in the summer.i love you guys alot.Bye!!! love,tehya
dear kami,thanks for sending me a comment on my blog.thanks for letting me to see if i can come down in Ohmah.I find out when i can.love yaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kami, thank you so much for the christmas card, I feel honored to get one. I love seeing how your beautiful family has grown. Things are going well for you and Frank and that is great. I'm not much for keeping in touch but love when others do. I love that you are keeping it simple this year we can get crazy during the holidays trying to do too much. Adria and the kids and Brandon and his wife are here for the holidays and we are enjoying being with them even if we can't get out much because of the snow and cold. Love ya, Debbie
A wonderful letter. Wishing you great guys a simply excellent new year!
--Ken
so happy to hear you guys are doing so great this year and all very well. you have such a beautiful family. happy early bday to the baby haha guess she's not a baby anymore huh. time sure does fly. i love the idea of simple great idea.
Glad you shared the letter. It was great to read because, I just keep on wishing life was more simple, but maybe I can do something about that too;). I love your family picture on the top of your blog...so beautiful of all of you. Hope you had a safe trip back from Idaho and a wonderful Christmas with family.
I love all your pics! You have a gorgeous family! And I love to think of simplifying! Good luck with a "simply" awesome year!
Post a Comment