October 23, 2008

This and That

I've really enjoyed having this front porch to be able to decorate for the holidays. Also, I have a video of Maeli saying "hiiiiii" that I've been trying to figure out for a couple of weeks how to get it off my camera onto my blog, but I'm not having much success. Arrrgggghhh! It's soooo cute. And she's also doing "all done" in sign language which is nice for her to be able to tell us that when she's had enough to eat.

I was just AMAZED at this one...I met with Jace's teacher
about a month ago and told her one of my concerns with Jace is that he isn't interested in drawing or coloring or writing and things like that. And so she said they'd work on that. So a few days ago we were outside doing sidewalk chalk drawing and I watched Jace draw this. He seemed effortless as though he's known how to do it forever. I was in shock and so excited. He said this was a picture of daddy. Then when meeting with his teacher again just a couple of days ago she commented on how surprised she was as well with how well he's doing with drawing objects.

Then this was a picture of him.

Livi has a new thing of drawing trees lately. She is SO into drawing and writing. She can write a lot of her letters already and can even write out her name.


Jace took a few bites out of his apple then said, "Look, mommy, a bunny."

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!!! I especially love te one where Jace is laying by the picture he drew of himself. Love your decorations too!!!

Lisa said...

Austin could care less about writing, coloring, and drawing too. I have to bribe him to even color a picture. Must be a boy thing!! I can't believe Maeli is already talking...how fun is that!!!

Bree said...

I love your front porch! So cute! I'm so happy to hear that Jace is doing so well--his drawing is really impressive!! Livy and Maeli are as cute as ever...Jace too! :)

Rolyndia said...

So cute!! I love your front porch. Jace looks like a pro at drawing.

Julianne said...

SOSOSOSO cute! So wonderful that he can draw people! And that he found a bunny in his apple, hilarious!

AlishaAdesign said...

Hey Kam,

very cute pics! One questio, did you make the garland on the fence on your porch or did you buy it? If you made it how? Its adorable!! Have a happy week

Holly said...

I am so proud of him and I haven't even met him! I know when Ellie makes progress, I just want to tell everyone! Just to hear that he is doing so well, it makes me have hope for my Ellie! Thanks for your post.
Your kids are ADORABLE!

Taylor Family said...

Cute as always. That's great about Jace. He's such a sweetheart! I can't wait for the video of Maeli

Ken and Jen Perkes said...

I love Jace's drawings on the sidewalk! He has captured the real Frank! And the picture of him lying on the sidewalk next to his drawing is a classic. It is joyful to watch his progress and to see your beautiful family grow.

--Ken

Morgan said...

I love your porch! That would be a ton of fun to decorate!

I don't have a fancy camera right now. I use a Fuji camera and touch up the pictures with photo shop. I really want a cannon D-40 but they are pretty pricey. So we'll see about that some day.

Kate Perkes said...

Kam's!
Im slacking in the comment world. We miss you guys! I love Jace in your blog this time. He is so cute, his hair is longer. He looks like an even bigger boy. Can't believe how fast they are growin. Hey I have been meaning to tell you, you guys need to check out Val's pumpkin patch there in Omaha. You will LOVE it. It seriously is one of the reasons why I could live there, it is so fun. Its a patch plus tons of Fall festivities. It is great. They even have a giant dragon that eats real pumpkins. Its so fun.. Loves

Cronin Family said...

Loving Jace's drawings, they are so cute. And that apple really does look like a bunny!

taytay said...

dear kami,you have the cutest pics!!!livvy is sooo cute!I miss you and the family.I have a blog too.It is called Tehyascutepage.blogspot.com It shows a few pics. but it is fun!Kami do you still remember me?Amber is my mom.Jace has a cute imagination.Livvy is so cute when she plays.Your baby (i can't remember her name.)is sooo adorable.Hope you guys are having fun! luv,tehya