July 9, 2008

Baby Minkee's

I don't know what to call these (i'll come up with a name soon), but they are super cute. Babies/toddlers that I have given these to in the past really get attached to them and drag around as their comfort blanket. When unrolled it looks like the picture below.
I hesitate to do this because I don't want to shy people away from viewing my blog, but I want to test the market. As many of you know, I LOVE to sew. This is one of my projects that I really enjoy doing because it doesn't take too much time and the results are so cute and fun. I have a few people that have me make these for them to give away for baby gifts and such and so I thought I'd try this out to see if enough people are interested in making this worth my effort in making a profit. Soooooo...I charge $20 (and then it's about $4.50 to ship one, $6.50 for two, etc.) for these because the mink is so pricey and then I always buy the TY Beanie Babies because they are so much cuter than any stuffed animal I could buy at Walmart for only a couple dollars cheaper. And then if it's going well, I'll have my own little "shop" of my hand-made items permanently on the side of my blog so that they are always quick to view. And if anybody knows of something I have made or you think I could make and want to put me to work, just let me know.

p.s. These minkee's are always the hit of a baby shower.

{{Welcome to my blog! I' m so excited somebody was kind enough to feature me on Tip Junkie! This project has been really fun for me. I have about five girl minkee's to choose from: purple hippo, pink dog, purple and pink unicorn, grey kitten with a pink nose, or pink giraffe and then I have a blue moose, dog, giraffe, black and white dalmation dog that I put with red mink, brown dog, or I have a green frog with green mink that works for unisex. Just leave a comment if you want one or shoot me an email. kamipatters@yahoo.com}}

20 comments:

Julianne said...

OK, hang on -- you MADE Sam's little blue puppy "minky"??? I did NOT know that! I LOVE it! I'm waiting till he's a little older and interested in things other than his fingers and toes to give it to him, but seriously -- it is soo darling. you're so talented!

Micaela said...

I found your blog off of courtney's blog and MY OH MY those 'minkies' are ADORABLE! If it is ok with you I would like to send a comment out to tip junkie so she can spot light you on her blog. Leave a comment on my blog to let me know if that's cool! She gets TONS of viewers and I know they would sell like crazy!

Ashlee Scherer said...

Great idea Kami. It would be great to get paid for something you love doing. Everyone I know loves these. Go for it!!!!

Rolyndia said...

Those are great. I will pass it along to anyone I think would be interested.

Clint and Karley Root said...

Would you want to make one for Cam? I think the pink one with the dog is adorable!!

KEYSHA said...

You should sell them on Etsy.com. I love that place and they have awesome baby items!

Mandy said...

oooooh Mason would LOVE this! I want one! This business could take off so fast. They're so adorable and what a good idea! I haven't seen anything like this!

Mr and Mrs said...

Kam this is such a good idea! I love the minky you made for lexi! I'll let all my friends know that your going to sell them

mom said...

Way to go Kam, you definitely have the talent and ability-so go for it. I have been your best customer so far, Huh? You know i love them and everyone I've ever given them to, love them too. I,m proud of you!!

Romeril Family said...

Kami, those are adorable. Can I please buy one? I can send the money a.s.a.p! :)

Mandy said...

Kami I would LOVE to have the green frog made for him. I'll have Travis give Frank 20 bucks this week or whatever you charge. Thanks a billion!

Lisa said...

OK, so how come I didn't know about these before you moved a jillion miles away from me??? You were holding out on me. I think Nolan needs one of those. I would love the pink, but don't really think Jeremy would go for that!!! When did you learn how to do that?? I found out a way to make those diaper/whipes bags without a seam in the inside, and it's way easier. I'll have to send you the instructions!!! Too bad you don't love nest door anymore.

Romeril Family said...

Thank you, I'm excited! Well, I would love to have one for Adelyn, she has lots of pink so I think the purple hippo would be perfect..I was wondering if you have any green or white ones? There's a lady in my ward having a baby but she doesn't know what yet so I would love to get one for her that's a somewhat unisex color. Also I just need your address so I can send you the money. (My email address is alawlor1@hotmail.com incase you don't want to post that). Thank you, I'm super excited!!!!

Bree said...

Those are darling! You are so talented!! Avri's grandma made her a similar minky/stuffed animal and it's her favorite! I'm glad someone else mentioned Etsy because I was going to too! Good luck...sounds like business will be booming and I'll definitely let you know if I need to put in an order! :)

Court and Brade said...

Miss kami.. See look at the response! :) I bet you a busy filling all of our orders :) ha how awesome! They are a hit! Sorry your little kiddos have been sick. hope they are all feeling a little better!

leslie m. said...

Wow, sounds like this is going to take off. I have no idea who all these people are that post to your blog. When did you become so popular? Anyway, good luck with the business. I think it will do great.

Court and Brade said...

ok so we love them! Too bad Karley and I are not crafty.. or we are just not smart.. and it took us like 20 minutes to figure out how to roll it back up so it looked cute! It was pretty comical.Um, so I am going to Utah next thursday and I am thinking if you have any more on hand I might snag another from you!(any girly one) :) I just love em and my other girlfriend is due in a few weeks and I want to include it in a little gift basket I'm giving to her when I'm in Utah. let me know- if you have any on hand though k. And thanks for the comment on my blog- you are nice :) I also like how I have commented 3 times on this post. ha

Taylor Family said...

Kami, I emailed you about getting one. I can't wait!

5dollarFanatic said...

I definitely would like to buy one for my daughter-maybe a lamb one that is yellow and pink/or purple. e-mail me arianiah@hotmail.com with combination choices.

Poulsen Family said...

I just found you through tip junkie and I'd love to purchase a few. Do you have an etsy site yet? Very adorable!!