We've had a lot of scary storms pass through Omaha this last week. I'm sick of this wrenching gut feeling I get everytime I hear one of the tornado warning sirens go off. This video is of last night and you can hear the erie sirens going off during it. How would you like these clouds passing over your house?!?! We hung out down in our basement for a couple of hours last night waiting for the storm to pass. A tornado actually hit ground just north of us last night and it went through a boys scout camp which injured quite a few boys and killed 4. I don't know if my nerves can handle this kind of weather for three years. THIS IS SCARY STUFF!!!















12 comments:
Oh my goodness. It is like the movie Twister, which is one of Jeff and I's favorite, but I am not sure I would like to live it. Jeff will want to come visit for sure now because he thinks it would be cool to see a live tornado. I bet the excitement would only last a few minutes until fear set in. Be safe!
Yikes! Glad to hear you guys are safe, we've been thinking about you! Hope the weather gets better!! And I enjoyed your tag...I think I might do it too!
Gosh, those sirens sound like erie backgroud movie music. That makes the worry that much worse! We will pray to keep you guys safe, especially during tornado season. Love you.
Wow-not sure I wanted to see that!! Be careful and stay safe-we love you all and pray for you too.
Kami!! When the sirens are going off that means you're supposed to already BE in the basement!! But I know the complete desire to go and see what is happening outside. Ryan was like a little kid, saying every 5 minutes, "OK, can I go look outside now?"
That was a horrible weather night, wasn't it. My heart just breaks for the Boy Scout camp and their families.
So nice you guys have a basement, I am completely wishing we did, too. Glad you guys stayed safe.
Hmmm...I hope my last comment didn't come off bossy-sounding...sorry...=)
When Ellie saw this Kami she freaked out and said, "I am so scared for Kami." You know how dramatic she is about everything but she is very concerned. We will keep you in our prayers.
Love ya tons
Oh and how do ya add a TAG?
Oh my heck - that is terrifying! I heard about the boy scouts on the news here in Utah - I didn't know you guys were right there close by! You stay safe. Just looking at those clouds gives me a pit in my stomach!
I totally understand! I grew up in Kansas for 11 years of my life and we had these same storms every spring/summer. I got used to them though as you will:)
that gave me the chills just watching that. i would probably freak out and not even know what to do!!! We are hoping for your safety as well. I don't know what kind of things I'll have to deal with when I move east - guess I'll find out.
This gives me the willies too! Not only are my good buddies Frank, Kami, and crew, but also my little grandbabies! Stay tied down! Missing you guys!
ya i hear they get interesting back there. my sister in law went there on her mission (just got home in jan)
Post a Comment