June 26, 2008

Hair One Minute, Gone The Next

Since I forgot to take a picture of me previous, this is the best "before" picture I could find of my hair.

So, thanks to the aweful Nebraska humidity I chopped off my hair. I did it myself and it was not fun having my arms extended above my head for that long trying to get everything even. But, thanks to my hubby for straightening out the back. He did a really good job, I was impressed (maybe did too good of a job. I kept saying "honey, it doesn't have to be THAT straight" cuz he was taking for-ev-er). Livi was pretty confused watching me cut my own hair off. She kept saying "But, mommy only boys cut their hair" (learning that from my attempt to scare her off from cutting her own hair as she has done a few too many times). Even if it doesn't look that great it's worth the rush of doing something so drastic. And at the rate my hair grows, it's not that big of a deal to me to chop.
What is it about sitting in a room all by yourself holding out the camera trying to take a decent photo of yourself that makes you feel so incredibly stupid?! Not to mention that you then post it on the internet for the world to see. But, we've all done it before so here it is. I know you'd all want a picture as soon as I said I cut my hair so this is for you people! :-)
So You Think You Can Dance is my ultimate favorite reality show. Does anyone watch? So this is Chelsea and I just love her hair. I'm thinking I'll even go shorter to try and get something like hers. I'm just not sure exactly how it's cut though. I need more pictures Do you think that's her real hair or is it hair pieces?

23 comments:

KEYSHA said...

AAHHHHHH.....You were my inspiration for growing my hair out! (I guess I can stop growing and start chopping!) It looks fabulous (of course). Can't wait to see it in person.

Morgan said...

I love it Kami. I can't believe you cut your own hair!

Mr and Mrs said...

You never cease to amaze me kam! Seriously, what DON'T you do? Haha! Your hair is beautiful and I am sure that if you do decide to go shorter it will be just as cute! Props to frank too for helping out!

Bree said...

You look SO cute Kam! I just got mine cut this week too! Way to go Frank...I love that he helped!! haha

Candi said...

Brave woman! To cut your own hair! Turned out great. I have asked Jared to trim my hair before, and he wouldn't come near me. I guess Frank really does have it all!

Jen said...

I love your new hair cut. It looks great. I am impressed that your hubby helped out. Kennedy has cut her hair so many times, maybe I should tell her only boys cut their hair and see if that helps! :)

Jen said...

Oh, P.S. I LOVE So You Think You Can Dance! Hooray for it being on two nights in a row!

Kelsey said...

Your hair looks awesome! And I LOVE so you think you can dance. I'm pretty sure that's Chelsea's real hair cause I remember them showing her during the tryouts and it looked that way. It's way cute! I wish I could pull off a hair style like that!

Ryan and Julianne said...

It looks so great! Wish my hair would look that good if I cut it...but it would just be two great big obnoxiously-curly triangles on the side of my head. Hate the humidity on the hair...

Taylor Family said...

Cute hair! I can't believe how fast your hair grows. You are so lucky. I don't quite know what to do about the humidity and my hair. I don't look forward to it!

Mandy said...

Trav says to tell Frank that he is GAY!!!!! hahaha! Really though...I LOVE the cut!

Samye said...

Your hair looks so cute!! I love it!

Lindsay said...

I absolutely LOVE your hair. Of course you have such beautiful hair, that it wouldn't matter how you had it, it would look beautiful anyway. I love the bangs too! Good call! I just started watching that show last week and it is fun to watch :)

mom said...

You're just as cute as always, long or short hair! Did you donate it to locks of love?? Can't wait to see it in person-love you lots. Mom

Miriam said...

WAY CUTE!! Gosh Ryan is gonna freak but your hair is so cute it makes me want to cut mine...again!!! hhah!! Good job doing it yourself!! Amazing!!

Kate Perkes said...

You look Hot!!
I love it Kams! You look gorgeous no matter what tho, but I LOVE that girls hair, go for it!
Loves!

Cronin Family said...

I love the new hair... and such a trusting wife as well! I think it would look really cute if you went shorter as you suggested.

Ashlee Scherer said...

I figured this post would get a lot of comments. You have been threatening to cut your hair for awhile but I wasn't sure you would do it. Now is your chance, have fun with it and have all the fun, cute, sassy hair styles out there. Maybe you'll never grow it out. You are adorable.
Love ya tons

Court and Brade said...

Hey new friend, it's Courtney from last night, just doing my daily blogging :) Wanted to say hi and tell you THANKS AGAIN so so much for having us over last night. Dinner was delish and it was so fun. You guys have an adorable little family... it's true. Well we should do the pool sometime this week-- just let us know whenever! I'd love to swim with your cute kiddos. Oh, and by the way, YOU CUT YOUR OWN HAIR? Wow, that is pretty dang impressive!

Kelsey said...

I didn't see the comment with your address on it. I'll go back and look through my blogs to find it so I can finally get you guys your money. I'm soooo sorry it's taken forever! It IS coming though!Thanks for your advice on the names! I think the name Alivia is sooo cute!

Clint and Karley Root said...

hey! ya i will tell courtney about the comment issue! We were just saying how cute your family was, and its rare that we can hang out with a couple that we get along with both the husband and wife. Not that we pick fights with other couples you guys were just fun! hopefully the weather is nice next week for some pool time!

Court and Brade said...

Hey! Karley told me about you comment on her blog... I have to moderate my comments before they are posted- so I think that is why the first one hadn't shown up yet is cause I hadn't checked my blogger and posted it yet, make sense? That way if I ever got a creepy comment, or a comment with an email or address of one of my friends, it is private, and I don't have to post it!

Ok about bloglines... go to bloglines.com and sign up for an account- just like an email. Then you put all the addresses of your blogging friends in (go to ADD under FEEDS).. you have to add one at a time. Anyway, once you add one, their blog address will come up and you click on the check mark next to it... and then it will show up on your feeds. Try it, it is actually super easy. So now I just log onto bloglines and go to MY FEEDS and my blogs who were updated since I last looked at them will be in BOLD and you can look at them right there! awesome!

sorry that was so long... if that doesn't make sense I'll show you how to do it :)

Happy 4th of July tomorrow! Where are you guys going to watch the fireworks? I'm not sure where we are going--- not sure of the best place!

Rolyndia said...

I love her hair also. I don't have a clue whether is it hers or pieces, but it is super cute. I would bet it would look super cute on you also.