We had quite a scare last night. We had put Jace and Liv to bed at their regular times, but I could tell they were still pretty restless so I expected to hear them up playing in their rooms for a while, which we did. Well, we were downstairs in the living room and about a half hour later Frank sees something fall past the window out the corner of his eye. It had snowed quite a bit that morning so he guessed it was snow falling from the roof. But instinct told him to go check what it was. So about a minute later Frank opens up the back door and Jace was laying there on the ground bawling. He had fallen out of his window from the second floor!!!! We were soooo scared. We brought him in and when we settled him down he seemed to be fine. When we'd ask him where it hurt he'd just point to his head. We called our family doctor and he said that we should probably take him in. So Frank spent a couple hours last night in the Emergency Room to make sure nothing was wrong. Jace was running around and acting like his normal self so the doctor didn't do any tests, he just wanted to have Jace there for a while to keep an eye on him. I was just SICK to my stomach the whole time Frank was gone thinking about what could have happened. I went out this morning and measured how far he fell and it was about 16 1/2 feet. We thank heaven that it had snowed that day so there was about 4" of snow on the ground that cushioned him a little. I think he just ended up with a really bad head ache so we are lucky that's the worst of it.
This is a picture of where he landed. And the above picture is where he fell from (the top window). He had unlocked his window, got up onto the window seal, and was pushing on the screen when he went tumbling.
This is Jace after coming home from the hospital. He thought the bracelet was so cool. He still won't let me take it off.

















9 comments:
Holy Cow...that is scary!! I think kids must be made of rubber sometimes. And most of all, I definitely believe they are protected by angels so often. I am so glad he's ok!
What a tender mercy that he is okay! You know your Mom and Dad are keeping an eye out for him! So grateful for our guardian angels! Give him lots of kisses for us.
Oh my stars, I'm calling you right now!! I'm so glad that he is ok. I always am afraid of that when I open my boys windows during the summer. Good things kids aren't breakable. And I'll take back all my swearing about the snow, since it made a cushy landing for Jace!!!
Wow! If it weren't so late (1:18 am) I would call you...I bet you were a wreck! Good thing we have "instinct". I am so glad little Jace is okay...and let him wear the bracelet for as long as he likes! (It can be a reminder of what happens when you push on screen!)
p.s. I am up so late because I went to the movie with friends and came home to a DISASTER! (Chad had some friends and kids over to watch the Jazz game...so I guess that's what I get for leaving him home!) Now I'm just too wired to sleep:)
Wow so glad to hear that he is ok! I hope that the headache goes away and that you can eventually take off his bracelet!
I am so glad that he's ok. That is just amazing that nothing happened to him. His Heavenly Father sure does love him and was watching out for him!
AHHHHHH! Oh my gosh! I'm so glad Jace is okay! Yikes! That was quite a fall...he was definitely being watched over! Hope there's not anymore excitement like that around your house! By the way, when are you moving?
Kami,
This is the most unbelievable story I have ever heard. Thank goodness for gaurding angels. Love you guys.
Jake and Kate
Oh my!! Glad to hear that he is okay.
Post a Comment