August 2, 2008

Twilight Fans

"Shout Out!" to Kate for throwing a fabuloso Twilight party last night for the celebration of Stephanie Meyers new book release of Breaking Dawn. It was so fun! The personal hand-made Twilight inviations requested us to come in jeans and a black shirt then as we arrived she gave us all red silk sashes to complete the matching look.
Kate had so many fun ideas for food. EVERYTHING was either red or black....cranberry punch, watermelon, strawberries, cherries, apples, grapes with black fruit dip (thanks to food coloring), black corn chips with red salsa, licorice, candies, and red cupcakes with black frosting which were OH SO DELICIOUS! Then playing a trivia game with questions written up by each person themselves. {{me with Morgen Bybee}}
Frank hung out at home with Robbie (Morgen's husband) with the two older kids for the night while I tagged along Maeli. But by the time we had finally gotten to Barnes and Noble by 10:30 she was shot so I quickly took her home and put her to bed then back to the book store while we anxiously awaited for midnight to come.
Proud new owners of our books 'Breaking Dawn'. It was about 12:15 a.m. when we left the store and most of these girls said they were headed home to start reading. What?!?! Sorry, I need sleep. Shamlessly I probably won't be starting mine until Frank is back in school, but I can't wait! Thanks for a fun night Kate. You're the best!

13 comments:

Ryan, Cyrie and Brielle said...

What a way fun idea! I did not know you were a such a Twilight fan. To be honest I have been avoiding the books because i refused to jump on the band wagon. I kept thinking "how could a love story about a vampire be that good." Well about a week ago I gave in and borrowed the first book . . . yup I am addicted! The dark circles under my eyes are getting darker by the night because I don't go to bed untill after 1am every night. I just started the second book and I am going crazy!!

KEYSHA said...

That is awesome! What fun (and how creative!) I made Chad go get mine! (Ha!) He and his friends all went and stood in line for their wives (who had to wake up too early this morning to go running! Lame. I know)!!!

Looks like you have made some fun friends who like to do crazy and spontaneous things! (Love your bangs...very chic).

Mr and Mrs said...

I am sooo stinking jealous!!!! Oh if only we had moved LAST weekend instead of this one!!! Oh well, I ordered mine on the internet and it isn't here yet so I must wait to find out what happens as well! Can't wait to see ya hun!

mom said...

That looks like so much fun!! Ash bought the book yesterday and is bringing it to me this next weekend. (I'm too far away to go get my own and too cheap!) Gas prices are cutting into all our fun. I hardly recognize you with your bangs-couldn't find you in the 1st picture-you're so cute!

leslie m. said...

What a good idea! We have a group night planned the night of the movie premire but I didn't think to do anything so fun for the book release. Hence the reason we need to be in the same town so that you can keep me fun! Love ya!

Candi said...

Wow! That friend is a uber-fan! Looks like fun though. I am pregnancy sick and asked Jared to go buy me the book on Saturday afternoon because I am going crazy being sick and bored in this house. It is a good thing that there are 750 pages to read because I have a lot of islolated time on my hands! I am sure we will have have a fun time talking about it when we have all have read it!

Ashlee Scherer said...

This is awesome Kami. I also have mine and reading away. I have already been invited to a Twilight party in December when the first movie comes out. We are all goign to a friend's house, getting T-shirts, having a big party with great food too (I hope it all looks like yours), a limo is picking us up there to take us to the movie and bring us home. I am so excited already. You should do the same thing with this group. My 12 year old neighbor came over tongiht for birthday cake and she saw my book and said, oh don't you just love Edward. Twelve, thirty, and sixty year olds are all in love with this man. Aren't we pathetic?

Ryan, Cyrie and Brielle said...

I text you my e-mail address and then did not check it for a couple days. Complicated story, but I lost everything in my inbox so if you happened to e-mail will you send it again please. I attempted to give Brielle a bottle with formula (Similac) and she hated it! I know it was not the bottle itself because I have pumped before and she will take expressed milk cold from the fridge. Now I am caught in a hard spot--not enough milk but won't take formula. Don't know what to do . . .

Micaela said...

Hey, I'm not sure if you realize it, but your are being featured today on TIP JUNKIE! Here is the link

http://tipjunkie.blogspot.com/2008/08/mom-prenuers.html

Hope this works out for you! People are being sent to your minkie post and so that's where they will be leaving comments! Good Luck!

Bree said...

You girls are so cute! Looks like tons of fun!! And yes, I just saw your minkees on Tip Junkie!!!! That's bragging rights! Way to go!!

Robyn Peck said...

Your book party looked like more fun than mine. I don't know what I was expecting, but the Borders we went to was filled with some crazy Stephanie Meyer fans...that I don't quite identify with. I did get the book though, and shamefully haven't started. Soon. I'm glad you've got some friends and are taking some "Kami" time. You deserve it!

Julianne said...

Seriously - what a fun fun night! I was going to boycott this last book b/c I thought #2 was kind of dumb and #3 was definitely dumb...but then I read about 13 pages of my M-I-L's while in Utah and I'm totally excited to get a copy and start reading! Can't believe myself. Oh well -- happy reading!

Taylor Family said...

Sounds like fun. good for you for waiting for Frank to get back to school to start!